Thursday, March 30, 2006

The word of the Lord



Hello again!! I must say that I feel quite a bit better after my last entry, having completed several projects and given it all up to God. Lately He has been teaching me about the importance of His word. Having known many people who take the word of God and "study" it leaving the grace of the Savior out of it, I never enjoyed reading and studying it much for fear that I would gain that mindset. However, as I have studied and read I realize that the very essence of the savior is ingrained in every word. He is present throughout the entire book! On the very night that my soul seemed wakened by His grace and love I found this verse "The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul." Psalm 19:7. I was impacted by this verse and committed myself to reading everyday, not just worshipping and praying but to actually sitting down and reading the word of God. I was so surprised at what came from that. That verse from Psalms is so true! Here are more that I have found..."Your words are what sustain me. They bring me great joy and are my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God Almighty." Jeremiah 15:16 NLT, "I will write down these things as a testimony of what the Lord will do. I will entrust it to my disciples, who will pass it down to future generations." Isaiah 8:16 NLT, "For I have stayed in God's paths; I have followed his ways and not turned aside. I have not departed from his commands but have treasured his word in my heart." Job 23:11-12 NLT. As I got to thinking about what God's word had done in my life, I found an excellent parallel. When you are putting something together, wouldn't you read the instructions? Even when it seems simple don't you look at the instructions just to make sure it is done right? It's the same in life. When you lost and need direction would be better off to pull out the Bible and read it, or would you just sit there in the dark till the light comes on? If you have ever put Ikea furniture together you would understand the importance of instructions. Now, I don't know what to do about those who seem to know God's word, but it doesn't seem to seep into their heart. I don't know what to do, except to pray. Pray for those who haven't made the connection between head and heart and pray that God would bless you with ability to use that 18 inch elevator between your head and your heart. Pray that God would show you the majesty of His word and that it would fill every part of you just as He does.
Lord Jesus, your word is amazing. It contains so many promises and so many passages of guidance. It speaks of your grace and your love. It speaks of your ultimate sacrifice that no one on this earth could ever amount to deserve. Please allow it to speak to my generation. Let your words fall like drops of rain on our hearts. Give us a new understanding of your word and allow us to be fulfilled by it. Amen

p.s- this painting was painted by William Blake.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Beautiful. Love it