Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Darkness


Well, lets see. Not much has happened since my last post. I watched TV, ate dinner (I made it- It was sooo good!! There is some left over in the fridge so if you want to come over it can be yours!!), spent some time with God and slept. Right now I am neglecting my Fashion Design homework and my Art History reading...I will get around to them today or tomorrow. I was reading in my book last night and for some reason I can't remember the Psalm but the concept was about darknesss. The author was writing about how darkness is isolating but we are never alone in the dark-there is always someone else there. The author wrote about how watching the Babylionians destory the Temple would have plunged Isreal into utter darkness. Much like how watching our world collapse and watching friends, lovers and dreams abandon you is enough to make any of us doubt (in some capacity anyway) the majesty and love of a God we had been trying to follow. The author wrote about even though these traumatic events destroyed Isreal (and whatever you have been through, may have destroyed you as well), some of the greatest Psalms were penned. I think that you can do likewise, I do remember my days in the desert and I remember not even having the energy to even whisper my pain to God, but I remember just a flickering of hope when I tried to whisper. That is all God wants, whatever you can give Him. It doesn't matter if it tears, screams or whispers and one day when you are looking down at the desert you have just left you can see the places where God nudged you and slowly you moved to meet Him on the hilltop.

No comments: