Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Colin Vint


Today was a hard day, I found out that my favorite teacher passed away. I don't even know what to say. He was such a dear man. I will always remember the support he gave me and how he made my years at senior high school fun. I will always look to him as a pillar of love and genuinelaughter. He taught me how to play and that it is okay to be myself. He was there for me when no other teachers were. We have all lost a jovial and wonderfully caring man.
It is so fitting too. Today I was reading and the chapter that I was reading was about loss and having hope. The chapter talked about the hope that could be mine if I followed Christ, and how I wouldn't have to mourn with hopelessness again. I told God that I was ready, ready to stand firm in his hope and that he could test me. Well, I think he has answered that request. Although I am deeply saddened and shaken by this loss, my heart is stayed with the hope of Christ. I pray for Mr. Vint's family, and for all of those affected by this tragic loss.
Lord God, I lift my sorrow to you. I ask that you would comfort me and those who are mourning. I pray that you would send a blanket of hope to cover the North Delta community. I thank you for the man that Mr.Vint was, and thank you for all the memories that are shared. I pray that we would learn that life is short, but that you are always at work within us. Lord Jesus, I just give you all the emotions and all of the people who are on their knees in bewilderment tonight, hold them and speak words of comfort into all of their hearts. You are a great and wonderful God, I have faith that you will provide. Amen.

I will miss you MV, we all will. Thank you for all the memories. Rest In Peace, dear friend.

~Good night sweet prince, may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest~

1 comment:

Matt said...

your an good friend to have Dara, keep it it!