Saturday, July 01, 2006

Packin...

well I packed for camp this morning... I even got fancy rubber gloves with feathers on them, like the ladies from the show "How clean is your house". I am always amazed at the amount of stuff that I pack for the week. It truly is astounding!!! PJ's, tooth stuff, hair junk, clothes, Bible, make-up.....The list goes on and on!! As I sit here surrounded by my stuff I begin to wonder about my other baggage. You know the stuff that I take with me everywhere and everyday. The emotional stuff. The remnants of broken relationships, remainders of bad days and the weight of failured endeavors. I am in shock of the amount of hurtful and painful moments in the past that I can dig up in the drop of a hat. And that saddens me. I tell others that God's gift is the now and that He holds the past in the vastness of His grace. When I made a commitment to follow Him I forfeited everything my hopes and dreams, my failures and weaknesses. They all belong to Him. I also gave Him my past because He alone heals and forgives. There is a verse that comes to mind when i think about this it is Matthew 11:28-30
"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
Wow!! What an idea. He promises not to give us anything that we can't carry and I don't know about you but it is getting pretty hard for me to run for God with all of this extra baggage strapped around my neck!! I want to work with God and learn how live like He intends me to and carrying around all of this extra stuff is making it impossible for me to do so. Lets drop our baggage and run for Him. Let Him take care of that extra 400 pounds of junk that you are carrying. He really didn't want for you hold on to it. Remember that everyday you wake forgiven and that God has cast away all of your sins into the sea of forgetfulness. He holds no grudges and there isn't anything that you can to make him not forgive you. So, put down that bag and run for him. Live freely and lightly!!! Live in his promises!! He will be faithful....

No comments: