Friday, July 14, 2006

Back...

Well, I am home now--just for the weekend. But I have survived my first two weeks at camp. To be honest, it has been bittersweet. Learning to adjust to the new staff, new rules and learning how to serve God in a completely different way has been quite challenging. I feel energized, lazy, sad and happy all at the same time. I have been blessed to hear long lost friends' stories of their journeys and my heart has been uplifted but tales of joy and burdened by tales of darkness and doubt. How amazing God is that He called me to Timberline..me..I am not worthy of anything except the condemnation that awaits for me without God. His strength is the only way that I can face everyday. It was strange to go back and reconnect and see how others have changed and stayed the same. God is so good. He is soo faithful and HE just pours his blessing down upon us. What an amazing God we have that loves us without us loving Him. This year Timberline celebrates it's 45th anniversary and just knowing that God has been faithful to the vision that He put into the hearts of the two men who started that camp puts a chill in my bones. In came across a verse in Jeremiah that says something along the lines of how God's faithfulness endures from generation to generation.. It is sooo true. His love and faithfulness reign from horizon to horizon. Oh, what a wonderful God we serve!! To know that His faithfulness is something that I can bet my life on overwhelms me. To know that in my brokenness I can have something to lean on is beyond words.

**Father- You are so good and you are soooo faithful. I see it everyday. You truly do amaze me. Burst into my life and continue to show me your greatness. I stand in awe of your majesty. To know that you would reach down from the heavens and whisper to me words of life and truth is something that I will never comprehend. You are so good. For the rest of my days, Lord, I just want to worship you. You are beyond beauty, beyond words and to awesome to contain. I love you**

Here's a song that I have been singing alot lately...Just let it bless you!!


From everlasting to everlasting You are God
From everlasting to everlasting You are God

In holiness you stand secure through culture's shifting sands
Unchanged by all the vanities of man
And as the nations rise and fall your sovereignty remains
You are You are You are the One True God

In faithfulness your love extends through times of turbulence
Adopting those who call upon your name
And every generation joins in songs of grateful praise
You are You are You are the One True God

Eternal immortal invisible God
Eternal immortal invisible God

2 comments:

Matt said...

Wow, Camp, Awesome hey, but scrubbing toilets???? I dunno. How are things in B.C.? I went to camp for a week and it was great. Cant wait till next year....

Nicole Elisabeth said...

I am so excited that you are enjoying camp as much as you are.... I miss you! :'(
and I hope that things for the rest of the summer are fabulous, PRAISE GOD that hes blessed you so much with this job of yours at camp...
call me again! :)
Im praying for you!! love ya dara! :)