Friday, August 18, 2006

End of week 8 out of 10

As summer comes to a close I find myself excited, terrified, joyous and sad. Excited because I know what lies ahead for me, terrified because I know now that I am only living this way because I am following God and it is going to take all my strength to lean on Him, joyous because I have learned so much and sad because I feel that my time here is not done. My quest for being satisfied only by my creator has proven a challenging road. It requires a check almost every five minutes--there are days when it just comes naturally and days when I can seem to do everything but. I have taken many leaps of faith this summer, but my biggest is yet to come. Something about living in active and constant service to the King has changed my heart. I came to Timberline this summer with a plan and almost right away that plan was thrown upside down. Life is so unpredictable when you are serving an untameable, unpredicatble God. Nevertheless He is good and has blessed me beyond what I could hope for myself. I just need to hang on and enjoy the ride.

**LORD JESUS, TAKE ME WHERE YOU WANT ME TO BE. I LAY MYSELF AT YOUR FEET AND ASK THAT YOU WOULD USE ME BEYOND ANYTHING THAT I CAN IMAGINE. GUIDE ME AS I JUMP AND CATCH ME IF I FALL. MAY YOUR WILL BE DONE IN MY LIFE AND MAY I REST IN YOU.**

2 comments:

Nicole Elisabeth said...

hey hun! I am excited as well for what is ahead both of us this coming september... yikies! But good news! you and I will be closer in distance, and will HAVE to get together waaay more this school year. I MISS YOU! so much... and can't wait to see you, we need another sleepover, another heart to heart bonding talk time...heehee... I am so excited for what God is doing in your life, know that I am praying for you and you're such an encouragement and inspiration in my life! You Rock my world!!
love ya! ;)

Heather Jane said...

Hey Nan and Nicole went to see you this week I heard - that's a load of bunk, I hate having a full-time job that doesn't allow me to come along to visit you out in the boondocks.
I'm putting that on my next job application.